I had this idea for an extended Shibata story for a long time, but the problem with Sexy Losers stories is the four panel format and that every fourth panel must have some kind of meaningful “punchline”. I had this problem with the Shiunji and the Suicide Girl series, which is why it took so long to finish. So one day I sat down and planned the whole story out and drew storyboards for all nine strips. So it shouldn’t take me 15 years to finish it.
I made the unfortunate decision to add Tic Tacs to the dialogue, not knowing that they would play a small part in the 2016 American election.
I originally had a reason for why Mrs. Shibata was drinking so much wine. In the original story I had, her husband left her for a woman who did Marvel cosplay. But it was already going to be nine strips, so that detail got scrapped and instead he’s gone on a business trip.
I’m sorry this is starting off slow, but it will go somewhere interesting I hope. These first few strips are just laying down the groundwork.
Share if you dare:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)