Artistically, this was a tough strip to do, as are ALL strips with sex scenes in it. I was absolutely terrible at male bodies, and it shows. He looks crunched down in every panel he appears in to save on space vertically. And her pose in the last panel is just a little wrong. Owch. Oh well, every strip is a learning experience.
Interestingly enough, in 2002 I received an E-mail from someone telling me about a Robin Williams special on HBO, and had I seen it because this joke was in there. I can’t get HBO here in Japan, at least as far as I was aware of. I wasn’t too sure if he was suggesting that I stole the joke off of Mr. Williams or something. I had forgotten about that E-mail until I had bought the DVD of that special, and I came across this line:
When a woman has to go to the gynecologist, you don’t WANT a doctor who has a hobby. You don’t want a gynecologist who’s also a MAGICIAN. No. You don’t want somebody going, “How are we today… oh! a DOVE! [pretends to pull a dove out and let it go in the air, then starts pulling on a rope] Oh what’s this! [continues pulling] Whoh whoh whoh whoh! [stops, then pulls out something and shows it] is this your card?”
Anyways, for the record, I did this back in 2000. Darn you Mr. Williams! Anyone know a cheap lawyer?
Share if you dare:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)