Commentary from April 5, 2003
Doctor Lovetalk makes a first return, this time I draw her. Losing all sense of fashion displayed in her first appearance (#33), she dons her turtleneck that she wears to this day. Kid Tempo, one of the people I met during the last jam (see the commentary for #33) IMed me saying he had a GREAT idea for a Doctor Lovetalk strip. It’s a general rule for me not to accept the ideas of other people, but, in this case, I had to do it. The first three panels are pretty straightforward, but what happens in the last panel blew me away — it was so against what I was expecting. The last panel I expected was the guy standing at the subway station asking Dr. Lovetalk her name, and Dr. Lovetalk saying something absolutely rude. That’s what I would have done. But no, the last panel is completely out of the blue and over the top. When he told me this one, I knew I had to draw it, if just for the last panel. Man, that last panel was a lot of fun to draw. Kid even insisted that there be a gimp as well.
Before anyone starts sending me their ideas, let me just say that Kid Tempo was a special case.
Share if you dare:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)