One thing now that I look at it, if I we’re to do the strip again I would definitely remove the word “slut” from the second panel. There could have been far less loaded words that would get the same point across.
The title was influenced by Mad magazine’s “The Lighter Side Of…” strips. I always thought they would make great titles, but for some reason I never used it again. “The Lighter Side Of Getting Fucked Up the Ass” would make a great title. That almost writes itself. The subtitle was influenced by a Heartbreak Angels strip.
I always had a follow up to this strip, and a plan to make a serial out of it. The two would get married and have children, a normal girl and a tentacle monster. The implications of that were probably a little more than I wanted to deal with.
Ghastly said his strip was partly inspired by this one.
And oh yes… the character design for the tentacle monster was inspired by Jennifer Chan’s mascot “Bu” much to her horror. That’s why the monster goes “Bu!” in the first panel. Yes, in-jokes were pretty much the norm for the first year of the THIN H LINE.
Share if you dare:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)