Included below is the original strip as it was first published May 18, 1999. As you might note I didn’t do a lot of coloring back then. When I rescanned and recolored the strip for the Sexy Losers website, I did a more complete job. In the last panel there was a shout out to Naska who was a friend at the time. A lot of the first year strips contained a lot of shout outs, most of them left in except for this one. Our friendship turned very sour and I felt she would not want her name kept in so I erased it when it was recolored for the Sexy Losers site.
It was actually suicide prevention week. I heard it on the radio the one morning. I didn’t give it much thought, until I was walking home from work trying to work out an idea for the next strip. It just sort of popped into my head from nowhere, already worked out. I dashed it off, and I had a classic in my hands.
When I see people posting my strips (the bandwidth sucking bastards) or quoting them, this is the strip they use. It’s kind of sad, because it’s not a representative strip, it’s actually pretty damn funny.
Share if you dare:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)